Views (787 Subjects)
Straits of Salamis.
Monastery of Daphni.
The Acropolis from the south-west.
The temple of Hephaestus and the Acropolis from the west.
The Laurium silver mines in Greece.
The church of Hagioi Theodoroi in Klauthmonos Square, Athens.
View of Delphi.
View of Nafplion from Tiryns.
View of Karytaina with the Frankish castle.
Port of Volos.
View of Karababa fortress at Chalcis
Acropolis from the north.
View of Hagia Sophia from the east (from the apsis).
View of the first court, also known as court of the Janissaries, at Topkapi palace. On the left, the church of Saint Irene. In the background, the Gate of the Salutation or Middle Gate, leading to the Second Court of the palace.
Interior of Hagia Sophia, Istanbul: central and northern naves.
Palazzo Donn'Anna, Naples.
View of the New Castle of Naples. The castle was built by Charles I of Anjou in 1282.
1. View of the port of Syracuse from the sea, with Mount Aetna in the background. 2. View of the port of Syracuse from the city.
1. View of the outer peristyle of the temple of Athena, today part of the cathedral church of Syracuse. 2. Fountain of Arethousa, Syracuse.
View of the ancient theare of Syracuse, before it was excavated.
1. The quarries of Syracuse. 2. Interior of the quarries.
View of the quarry known as “Ear of Dioynusius” in Syracuse. 2. View of the interior of the quarry.
View of quarry in Syracuse. At the time of the author's visit, the quarry was within the garden of the Capuchin monastery.
1. View of the catacombs of Saint John in Syracuse. 2. View of the central catacomb of the complex.
1. View of the ancient theatre of Syracuse. 2. View of the funerary monument known as the “Grave of Archimedes”.
1. View of river Anapo, which runs through the city of Syracuse. 2. The remains of the temple of Olympian Zeus in Syracuse.
View of the caves of Ispica at Ispica, Val di Noto Province, Sicily.
1. Monumental building at Syracuse. 2. Stairway carved into lava stone from Mount Etna near Catania, Sicily.
1. Landscape near Piazza Armerina, Sicily. 2. Landscape near Pietrapercia, Sicily.
1. Stone bridge near the necropolis of Pantalica, Sicily. 2. The necropolis of Pantalica in Sicily, at the site of ancient Herbessus.